Senior Manager, Transportation and Compliance
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, working together in person and choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
As part of the Simplisafe Global Logistics Team, the Senior Manager, Transportation and Compliance will be responsible for the overall management and strategic execution of all modes of transportation (parcel, truck, ocean, rail, air) and Import, Export and Hazardous Material compliance. The Senior Manager will lead cost control/reduction activities, annual negotiations, delivering tight deadlines and servicing internal and external customers. They will ensure adherence with all government regulations while also building procedures and policies. They will work in a dynamic environment, interfacing regularly with the sales team, procurement team, legal, internal cross-functional teams and external suppliers, to support an efficient, strategically focused, Global Logistics organization.
- Manage and build the Transportation and Compliance team consisting of two direct reports. Lead the team through mentoring, coaching, hiring and developing an organization aligned with business goals and best in class service.
- Lead, build and strengthen relationships with transportation and compliance partners with a goal of establishing long term strategic partnerships. Manage routine business reviews, day to day operations, metrics and performance. Ensure partners meet contractual requirements and are prepared to support the company's growth and overall strategic initiatives for all areas of transportation and compliance.
- Lead, negotiate and execute sourcing events for transportation and compliance providers on a defined cadence.
- Manage and track budget for areas of responsibility, while seeking productivity initiatives to mitigate headwinds and reduce overall spend. Deliver the annual regional transportation related productivity targets by identifying areas for cost savings both internally and externally. Hold external partners accountable for their cost savings targets.
- Manage carrier and freight forwarder performance for all modes, recognizing wins and holding partners accountable when performance does not meet expectations. Ensure proper KPIs are reported and shared to appropriate parties to drive desired performance outcomes. Establish regular spend and performance reporting and support senior leadership in long term cost modeling.
- Lead, perform and ensure compliance with all trade regulations. Build appropriate procedures and programs to adhere with regulations including declarations of assists, proper valuation, proper marking of products, tariff classification, country of origin determination, ADD/CVD declarations & OGA compliance.
- Meet regularly with providers to discuss forecasts and capacity information to improve planning. Ensure adequate equipment/coverage is available to support business needs and growth.
- Research industry performance, standards, and benchmarks to analyze performance and resolve operational issues.
- Oversee regional Hazardous Material shipping program ensuring SimpliSafe remains compliant with all regulations.
- A relevant bachelor's degree. 7-10 years of logistics experience with solid business acumen and knowledge of consumer products
- Prior demonstrated success in leadership, implementation, improvement programs and change management.
- Managing and delivery of budgets
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Expert with data manipulation, data structuring and analysis. Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills; comfortable with ambiguity
- Expert with Microsoft Excel, SQL, Tableau. Experience with Google Workspace and utilizing ERP systems like NetSuite.
- Strong medium and long-term forward planning, organizational, prioritizing and multitasking skills. Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of Logistics and Operations business landscape with an ability to work under tight deadlines working with cross-functional teams and multiple vendors.
- Located in Boston, MA. Travel Required: up to 15%
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “No job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.