We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, working together in person and choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You'll Do
Are you passionate about using systems to enable business growth? Do you have a strong track record of enhancing financial systems such as ERP? When asked to professionalize the day-to-day financial operations, are you a visionary and see only endless opportunities? Do you speak both the technical and financial languages effectively and are able to convert your vision into concrete results? Are you motivated by the opportunity to make a significant impact? If the above sounds like you, you could be a great fit!
The Director of Financial Systems will report to the Chief Financial Officer and fill a key role on the finance leadership team at SimpliSafe. You will be the architect of the overall financial, business, accounting and analytics systems to enable SimpliSafe’s substantial growth.
For the right candidate, this role will be incredibly exciting and rewarding. You will have unparalleled visibility among the senior leadership team and play a pivotal role in shaping the financial architecture of a fast-growing, private equity backed company with great ambitions.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives involving the Company’s financial and inventory systems with a focus on automating processes, reducing redundancy, and providing enhanced financial insights to support business decisions
- Develop an efficient process for gathering financial system business requirements, analyzing risks associated with potential solutions, and advising process owners of best approaches
- Lead financial system governance and ensure sufficient testing and control requirements are followed by the Financial Systems team when developing, testing, and deploying solutions and enhancements
- Architect efficient and effective user provisioning processes and periodic user access review controls for the Company’s financial systems
- Provide guidance with respect to ticket resolution and prioritization and continue to build the technical capabilities within the Financial Systems team to anticipate problems, identify root causes, and be proactive about preventing issues from occurring
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of current state systems and processes, including integrations, customizations, and data architecture
- Partner with the Enterprise Information Systems team to map out a vision of our to-be-state financial systems architecture
- Act as the primary Finance liaison with IT and Enterprise Information Systems on technical items, such as upgrades, enhancements, maintaining systems interfaces, and issue resolution
- Work collaboratively with other leaders within Finance (e.g., FP&A, Procurement, Accounting), Inventory & Logistics teams to identify, evaluate and recommend other key technologies or optimizations within existing systems to further help scale the overall business
- Lead EDI integrations and solutions with SPS Commerce for retail orders
- Continue to push the envelope: monitor new financial technology trends and introduce the right solutions when appropriate, e.g., RPA
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years of financial system implementation and support experience
- BA / BS degree, MBA a plus in Accounting, Finance with a focus on Information Systems.
- Proven ability to lead and inspire a team, experience in coaching, mentoring, and developing team members.
- Technical consulting experience is a must
- Results-oriented and able to anticipate change and respond to shifts in priorities
- Ability to translate strategy into specific priorities, objectives, and action plans for financial systems
- Deep understanding of financial processes and SOX IT general control environment
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and adapt quickly to change
- Must be able to troubleshoot, resolve and communicate solutions for system issues
- The following experiences are a plus: All NetSuite functions including financial and inventory, Zuora, Adaptive, Coupa, and UKG
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.
We wholeheartedly embrace and actively seek applications from all individuals, no matter how they identify. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we believe our work is enriched when we incorporate a multitude of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. We want everyone who works here to thrive and contribute to not only our mission of keeping every home secure, but also to making our workplace safe and supportive for others. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.