We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You’ll Do:
The People Generalist in partnership with the People Partner and Strategic People Partners, is responsible for maintaining and improving every aspect of the employee experience within the line of business you support. As a trusted advisor, educator, and problem solver for managers and leaders within the line(s) of business you support, you will provide line of business-specific support for HR operations and processes and ensure successful execution of People programs. You will also coordinate and manage Tier 2 questions and employee issues, including any line of business specific employee relations programs.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Work jointly with the People and business leadership teams on various initiatives, delivering programs and processes to support business objectives and people needs
- Partner with the People Operations team to deliver on the business-specific needs for a variety of HR projects and programs including onboarding/offboarding, new hire onboarding, benefits, compensation, immigration, leaves and worker’s compensation
- Coordinate Tier 2 or line of business specific employee relations issues (e.g. administration of the attendance policy, performance concerns); lead internal investigations as needed
- Provide support and coaching for managers and supervisors on leadership development, talent management, performance management, employee relations, compliance, total rewards, and training.
- Assist in deployment and execution of various People team surveys and employee feedback routines including focus groups
- Help to shape and communicate our culture to current and new employees
- Champion company values, vision, and standards of conduct
- Partner with Talent Acquisition on workforce planning and hiring initiatives.
- Partner with Customer Experience/Call Center leadership on internal communications ensuring that employees feel connected to the broader SimpliSafe team and have the tools to be able to do their best work in a supportive and inclusive environment.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of HR-related experience
- Proficiency with HR information systems (HRIS) and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Presentation and public speaking experience
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Knowledge of HR functions & best practices
- Strong decision making & problem solving skills
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.
We wholeheartedly embrace and actively seek applications from all individuals, no matter how they identify. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we believe our work is enriched when we incorporate a multitude of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. We want everyone who works here to thrive and contribute to not only our mission of keeping every home secure, but also to making our workplace safe and supportive for others. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.