We're a high-tech home security company that's passionate about protecting the life you've built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we've created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you're building. Ours is a no-ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don't just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here. We are partnering with a local India firm called Kaamwork to build out an Engineering presence in India. We are setting up a new cloud engineering team in India.
In this role, you will be joining to lead & mentor our new cloud engineering team in India as Senior Software Engineer.
What We Do:
Our cloud engineering team owns centralized services such as central data stores (e.g., MongoDB, MariaDB), logging tools (e.g., Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), metrics and visualization tools (e.g., InfluxDB, Grafana), messaging (RabbitMQ), Artifactory, and the infrastructure for GitHub actions. We develop tools that simplify Kubernetes deployment complexities for other engineering teams within the platform, enhancing their ease of utilizing cloud services. Ensuring scalability and security remains our highest priority.
- Take ownership of the entire lifecycle of the solution, from design to deployment and ongoing support.
- Collaborate and coordinate with various engineering teams within the platform to drive adoption, gather feedback, and continuously improve the solution.
- Mentoring and guiding junior team members, as well as fostering the adoption of more dynamic processes within the team.
- Stay informed about industry trends and advancements, actively seeking out solutions that can reduce costs, enhance engineering excellence, and advocating for their implementation.
What You'll Bring:
- 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with a strong focus on cloud technologies and architecture.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP. We are on AWS.
- Solid understanding of cloud architecture principles, microservices, containers, serverless computing and Network stack.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure as code (IaC), and configuration management tools (e.g., Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes).
- Strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication abilities, and a collaborative mindset.
- Experience in IoT is a plus.
What Values You'll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - "no job too small" attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.