Engineering Program Manager
At SimpliSafe, we design, develop, manufacture, and sell our own line of wireless, connected home security systems: home sensors, cameras, and locks. Our technology and service platform secures the homes of millions of Americans without the hassles, long term contracts, or fees of traditional Home Security.
We are seeking a Program Manager who will work with various teams to translate project requirements into effective and detailed project plans that meet business needs. This critical position will oversee all aspects of assigned programs- setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring and summarizing progress, and meeting established budget and key metrics of success. The candidate should be able to work directly with a variety of teams and communicate at all levels of the organization.
What You'll Do
- Understand, analyze trade-offs, and define technical requirements of active projects
- Create, maintain and communicate master schedules, risks, budgets and weekly status reports to key stakeholders
- Partner and be responsible for ensuring that teams understand expectations and timelines for planning and their deliverables.
- Understand the business impact of technical decisions and adjust plans as needed- calling out required decisions, escalations, or risks
- Manage deliverables for critical milestones.
- Relentlessly work to identify program risks and blockers, and lead the quest to mitigate, and course correct.
- Build partnerships across organizational and departmental boundaries with the ability to manage vendors and contractual agreements
- Continually lead the evolution of workflow and processes to scale our fast-growing business and team.
- Follow and advise others on company compliance and industry best practices
- Work cross-functionally across all departments, holding stakeholders accountable for their contributions towards program objectives.
- Budget control for projects
What You'll Bring
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field is highly desired but not necessary.
- Minimum of 2 years of Project Management experience
- Solid understanding of Project Management concepts and practices
- Proven ability to complete projects according to scope, budget and timeline
- Creative problem-solving capability
- Able to manage multiple priorities at the same time while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to clearly communicate across all levels of the organization
- Understands best practices of Agile project management
What we’d love to see (but isn’t required)
- PMP Certification
- Experience working in a consumer products or technology company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.