QA Engineer II
We are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever growing IoT home automation security space we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, our engineering team is proud to own and run the literal "full stack", from designing and building the circuit boards on our hardware all the way to coding the UI on our mobile applications.
We are looking for a QA Engineer who is excited about advocating for product quality and representing the voice of our customers during the software development process. This position will help ensure that our customers, and prospective customers, enjoy a seamless experience interacting with our digital interface. In this role, you will:
- Be excited to roll up your sleeves and dive into our stack to help us engineer and ensure product quality
- Help plan, create, and execute end-to-end test cases
- Identify potential issues to be corrected by development team
- Assist in managing testing activities within the team
- Pragmatically work alongside stakeholders carefully balancing risk and delivery
- Create test plans/cases for select scenarios
- Document testing results clearly and accurately
- Confidence in contributing to the software development process at its earliest stages
- Team with fellow QA members in the quest for continuous growth and improvement
- 5+ years of SQA experience in a fast-paced, agile environment, hands-on experience with browser-based solutions.
- Experienced with agile tools such as Jira.
- Experienced working in a CI/CD environment.
- Impeccable eye for detail, with excellent problem solving skills.
- An ability to identify Functional Use Cases vs Edge Cases
- Experience writing Functional and Regression Test Plans
- Understanding of SQA Best Practices
- Self-starter, motivated, organized, and confident.
- Team focused with a proven track record thriving in a collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Humble and customer-focused
- ‘Always learning’ mindset with a ‘whatever it takes’ attitude to creatively help the team
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
- Experience testing CMS platforms
- Programming / Scripting experience
- Hands-on experience with Cypress, Postman, Cucumber, or similar.
- IoT / Home automation
- 3rd-Party integrations