Systems Engineer - Sustaining
SimpliSafe is seeking a systems engineer in the sustaining group to refine and update our existing line of camera, and alarm system products.
This position will be updating designs and overseeing part changes to improve reliability, minimize component constraints, and reduce end-to-end cost of existing products.
In this role, you will:
- Review and update mechanical components and hardware within a fast-paced engineering environment
- Lead root cause analysis on mechanical and electro-mechanical issues and drive to identify solutions that minimally impact cost, quality, manufacturing down time
- Develop corrective action for issues and oversee implementation to mass production
- Interface with overseas manufacturing partners regularly from troubleshooting to mass production
- Take ownership of the projects with minimal guidance
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with EE, FW, Ops and other interdisciplinary teams
- Value progress over perfection by delivering on time and on budget
- Have a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering
- Have at least 5 years of of experience working with high volume consumer electronics
- Experience with DFA and DFM
- Experience working with PLM systems
- Worked with commercial CAD packages
- Experience prototyping using 3D printers
- Working knowledge of materials
- Have an eye for “less but better” design practices
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative cross-functional environment
- Experience working with Asian contract manufacturers
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there weren’t any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover 85% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
- Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ