Embedded Systems Engineer - Sustaining
SimpliSafe is seeking a systems engineer in the sustaining group to refine and update our existing line of camera, and alarm system products.
In this position you will be troubleshooting embedded system issues on existing products and will maintain firmware on test equipment.
In this role, you will:
- Assess challenges and design issues on embedded systems and lead root cause analysis
- Develop, validate and implement corrective actions for production and field issues
- Interface with overseas manufacturing partners regularly and provide technical guidance
- Take ownership of existing test equipment code and update as needed
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with EE, ME, Ops and other interdisciplinary teams
- Take the lead on the projects with minimal guidance
- Value progress over perfection by delivering on time and on budget
- Propose innovative hardware/software solutions pertaining to reliability and cost reduction
- BS or greater in ECE, CE, CS or equivalent
- Have at least 2 years of experience working with high volume consumer electronics
- Experience with at least one of the following: Python, C, C#, C++
- Familiar with embedded systems and how they apply to consumer electronics or a similar industry.
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, UART, USB.
- Experience with wireless electronics is a plus (WiFi, BLE, Sub-GHz RF).
- Knowledge of basic EE skills including soldering, reading schematics, debugging and prototyping circuits
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative cross-functional environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing test fixtures is a plus
- Experience working with contract manufacturers in Asia is a plus
Working at SimpliSafe:
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture and we have recently been named a 'Top Place to Work' in 2021 by the Boston Business Journal. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industries. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
- Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ
- And many more!