Director of Product Management, Foundational Experiences
We are …
a team of designers, strategists, engineers, writers, researchers and product folks based in downtown Boston. Over the past ten years, we’ve quietly transformed home security from an outdated, unfriendly industry to something elegant, thoughtful, and beautifully designed. We put our customers at the center of everything we do. We care deeply about their experience and we constantly try to delight them with innovative products and services that are fairly priced. Our top ratings in the App/Play store are a clear validation of our commitment to customer experience. Plus, CNET, the Wirecutter and PCMag all named us their Editors’ Choice for home security.
The Job …
As a Director of Product Management, Foundational Experience, you will define the vision and lead the development of software user experiences. You will directly manage a team of Product Managers while leading a cross-functional team to deliver SimpliSafe’s next generation home security experience. To succeed, you will need to utilize your critical thinking skills to understand consumer and user needs, define the right experiences, execute against those experiences with your team, and importantly collaborate with Marketing and Customer Experience to make them successful in the market. You’ll make your decisions by combining data, customer insights, business insights, and experience.. Your responsibilities include:
- Define a vision for SimpliSafe’s digital experience, develop a strategy and roadmaps that brings this vision to life for our Android, iOS, and Web apps. All of this is in service to superior security outcomes and Net Promoter Score.
- Collaborating at all levels of the organization including the Execute Team..
- Seamless collaboration with the Hardware and Monitoring Teams to deliver the SimpliSafe roadmap..
- Lead your Product , Engineering and Design teams in making trade-off decisions balancing cost, timeline, and customer benefit.
- Drive in-market success in collaboration with Market and Customer Experience teams against SimpliSafe’s business KPIs.
- Grow a team of Product Managers to become the future leaders at SimpliSafe.
You’ve got ..
- Passion for Consumer Electronics and Digital Experiences
- Data-driven mindset that loves diving into the details, with the ability to ladder up details to strategy
- Strong understanding of agile methodology, UI design, and jobs theory
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and Get Things Done
- Strong writing ability, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree. A technical discipline (engineering or science) is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in roles related to Software Product Management, preferably with a strong emphasis on consumer-targeted mobile applications
- 7+ years of professional experience.
What’s in it for you…
- Be part of a mission-driven Company that is disrupting the home security industry
- Grow your leadership skills
- Gain highly valued experience in a recurring revenue business
- Growth your skills as a coach and mentor for the next generation of Product Leaders
- Be in an dynamic office environment located in downtown Boston with both the benefits of in-office presence and convenience of a flexible hybrid schedule.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.