Technical Escalation Specialist
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “you shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
SimpliSafe has a range of opportunities for like-minded individuals, from our US and UK corporate offices to our warehouses and customer service centers.
The Technical Escalation Specialist will provide high-level technical assistance to our customers across the country. This team is responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting software/hardware problems in a timely manner, and providing an exceptional customer experience during every call.
This position will require walking customers through complex troubleshooting steps for hardware and software issues, and will often include assisting customers in the installation of specific applications and programs. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, the Tech Specialist team will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
We are building a team of empathetic technical experts who are capable of handling complex issues with a high level of urgency and care. If this sounds like you, apply today!
What You’ll Do:
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair/debug complex product/service issues
- Respond to situations that first-line product support is unable to isolate/resolve
- Escalate more complex issues that point to potential hardware/software malfunctions to Engineering/Design teams
- Help to create new training materials and/or troubleshooting steps in order to address identified gaps in existing agent-facing content
- Assist in creating internal communication updates regarding identified problems and subsequent fixes
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or 2+ years of experience in a technical role
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Strong aptitude for technical troubleshooting & root cause identification
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Persistence to see a problem through to completion
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
What we’d love to see (but isn’t required)
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.