Staff Firmware Engineer
At SimpliSafe, we design, develop, manufacture, and sell our own line of wireless, connected home security systems: home sensors, cameras, and locks. Our technology and service platform secures the homes of millions of Americans without the hassles, long term contracts, or fees of traditional Home Security.
SimpliSafe is looking for a Staff Firmware Engineer to join our Camera Firmware development team driving our current and next generation camera platforms. In this role, you will:
- Design, implement, and test C/C++ firmware for our current and next generation camera platforms in an agile development environment.
- Collaborate with internal and third-party engineering teams to develop efficient and effective firmware solutions.
- Create documentation for firmware design, implementation, and testing methodologies.
- Investigate and diagnose firmware issues from QA testing and user feedback.
- Lead large feature designs and development projects.
- Provide project timeline estimates and size of work coming down the pipeline.
- 7+ years in a firmware development role
- Established C and C++ language skills
- Experience with object-oriented concepts and designs are a plus.
- Experience developing on 32-bit embedded systems running an RTOS or embedded Linux.
- Strong understanding of hardware peripherals for:
- data acquisition (ADC, DAC)
- serial communication (I2C, SPI, UART)
- timing (PWM, Timers)
- memory management (Flash, RAM, DMA)
- Experience with embedded build environments and makefiles is a plus.
- Working knowledge of common lab equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers.
- Well-versed at reading and interpreting schematics, data sheets, and other technical documentation
- Experience in leading the designs and developments of large projects
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in EE/CS or equivalent
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover 80% of plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
- Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ
- And many more!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.