We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join our fast growing UK subsidiary based on Manchester and to lead the Finance in the UK and liaise with the UK commercial team and the US Finance team to ensure the exceptional financial success of our UK business for the future efficient growth of our product and subscriber led business and P&Ls.
- Manage the UK Finance business
- Assist in forecasting and managing UK cash flows
- Ensure a timely monthly close of the UK subsidiary, inclusive of working with the US finance team members assisting with the UK close activities
- Form trusted business partnerships with UK Commercial and Operations teams providing analytical and financial support to assist the business achieve operational goals and growth in the UK Home Security Market
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and financial reporting systems to ensure their integrity and compliance with appropriate UK standards and regulatory requirements
- Project manage the annual external audit of the UK subsidiary with assistance from the US Finance team
- Proactively identify and drive changes in our finance processes that result in operational efficiencies or increased financial insights
- Qualified Accountant
- Outstanding track record in influencing decision making within a business and improving performance with substantial profit impact
- Committed and dedicated financial professional who is prepared to work hard to deliver on our Annual Operating Plans
- Previous experience gained in a commercial role, within a subscription based business would be advantageous
- Demonstrates commercial acumen with proven ability to innovate and implement continuous improvement
- Experience with working within a global organisation would be a benefit and a PE backed business
- Strong and engaging communication skills, written and verbal, with a proven ability to convey complex financial information or models in simple terms to managers and colleagues of different capability levels.
- Proven track record developing financial and commercial models which are used for strategic decision making
- Can demonstrate improvements in performance through utilisation of measurement tools and reports
- Creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving
What’s in it for you?
Working at Simplisafe, you’ll have access to:
- Full training to ensure you’re set up for success in your new role as well as ongoing support and coaching
- Our eagerness to keep good talent in-house by providing realistic career progression plans
- An open mindset that embraces new ideas and methodologies
- A healthy basic salary to support the growth of the business and your personal goals.
- Work perks a plenty, from Dental plans, free eye tests and more, to freebies and discounts through Perks at work
- Social events and opportunities to connect with and recognise teams across the business
- Working from home opportunities
We wholeheartedly embrace and actively seek applications from all individuals, no matter how they identify. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we believe our work is enriched when we incorporate a multitude of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. We want everyone who works here to thrive and contribute to not only our mission of keeping every home secure, but also to making our workplace safe and supportive for others. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.