Senior People Generalist
The People Generalist in partnership with the People Partner and Strategic People Partners, is responsible for maintaining and improving every aspect of the employee experience within the line of business you support. As a trusted advisor, educator, and problem solver for managers and leaders within the line(s) of business you support, you will provide line of business-specific support for HR operations and processes and ensure successful execution of People programs. You will also coordinate and manage Tier 2 questions and employee issues, including any line of business specific employee relations programs.
What You'll Do
- Work jointly with the People and business leadership teams on various initiatives, delivering programs and processes to support business objectives and people needs
- Partner with the People Operations team to deliver on the business-specific needs for a variety of HR projects and programs including on-boarding/off-boarding, new hire on-boarding, benefits, compensation, immigration, leaves and compliance
- Coordinate Tier 2 or line of business specific employee relations issues (e.g. administration of the attendance policy); support internal investigations as needed
- Provide support and coaching for managers and supervisors on leadership development, talent management, performance management, employee relations, compliance, total rewards, and training.
- Assist in deployment and execution of various People team surveys and employee feedback routines including focus groups
- Help to shape and communicate our culture to current and new employees
- Manage Workers’ Compensation & Background Check searches as needed
- Champion company values, vision, and standards of conduct
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and Workforce Management on workforce planning and hiring initiatives.
- Partner with Fulfillment leadership on internal communications ensuring that employees feel connected to the broader SimpliSafe team and have the tools to be able to do their best work in a supportive and inclusive environment.
What You'll Bring
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of HR-related experience
- Proficiency with HR information systems (HRIS) and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Presentation and public speaking experience
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Knowledge of HR functions & best practices
- Strong decision making & problem solving skills
- (Richmond specific) Eligible for certification as an electronic security employee, which requires submitting your fingerprints to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for use in conducting a national criminal records search and a Virginia criminal history search and final certification approval from DCJS.